Monday, July 9, 2007

My Current Bike

I just talked about my folding bike, which should be coming July 11.

Here's my old Schwinn Searcher. (old meaning 1997 vintage) I've ridden this thing quite a lot, but hardly ever for fun, just practical things. Recently, I've started biking again to try to get into some kind of shape. (aside from round) 21 speed, 27.5" wheels, sexy curvy black frame.

I tuned it up yesterday, pumped up the tires, which only had 27 psi in them. (they should have at least 50) Cleaned the chain, and mounted a trip computer. I hit 27.8 mph downhill in a forest preserve the other day. Almost wound up flying into the woods at 20 mph once too. You see, it has road tires, and it doesn't corner that well on pea gravel at 20+ mph. Kate's biking too. Getting a little frustrated that she can't keep up. To be fair, she's got a mountain bike, and those silly knobby tires only allow one to go about 25 mph, no matter how hard one pedals.

No comments:

Post a Comment