Sunday, June 17, 2007

Stupid Dealer Rant

While we were out riding yesterday, we stopped in a Yamaha shop in a town we were passing through.

I was half ready to buy a mesh jacket there. It was so damn hot (90°+ and on the hot FJR)

I looked at some bikes, and was looking with great interest at a Yamaha Royal Star Venture, which is their V4 retro styled touring bike. Full fairing, comfortable passenger perch, hard luggage, the works. I was about to swing a leg over it, and the sales guy yells: "SIR! I'd prefer you didn't sit on that one. It'd be expensive if it went down." I told him: "Not to worry, I'm a motorcyclist. Besides, how is it going to go down when it's on its kickstand?" He replied: "The other guy was a motorcyclist too."

We left that shop immediately. I would NEVER buy ANYTHING from a motorcycle showroom/shop that wouldn't let me sit on their motorcycles. I wouldn't buy from one that would give test rides either.

2 comments:

  1. Did you mean "one that WOULD give test rides"? Why is that? I think I would at least insist on riding it around the parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I wouldn't buy from a dealer that wouldn't give test rides.

    ReplyDelete