Sunday, May 27, 2007

Just had the 500 mile check-up done on the Buddy 125 today

Part of the warranty requirements for the Buddy is that in order for the two-year warranty to be valid, a Genuine dealer has to do a check up on it within 500 miles. I had that done today at around 440 miles.

The dealer I bought it from quoted me two hours of labor to do this, about $160, even after I'd told him I'd already changed the engine oil & gear oil. WTF?!

So I called the dealer in Lake Geneva, Midwest Action Cycle, and they quoted me 1/2 hour --> $46. That's more like it.

So today, I took a nice ride up there and had it done. I wanted to ride around town more, as that has been a dream of mine ever since I was a little kid. It is a perfect scooter town, and I was so jealous, as the local teens were cruising around on their Honda Sprees when I was too young & broke to have one.

I only got to ride around for a few minutes before I had to head back to crappy Illinois; thunderstorms were coming.

As I was a couple miles from home, it started drizzling. 5 minutes after the Buddy was in the garage, it came down in sheets for a half hour or so; a real frog-choker.

Anyhow, I'm glad to have this first service behind me. Now I don't have to let the dealer do anything I don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment