Sunday, September 16, 2007

Had a brisk ride this morning

My buddy Mike and I went for a ride this morning. We went up north to Fox Lake, IL, and had breakfast at the Mega Pancake house, and warmed up a bit. It was already "up to" 50°F. My apologies, but I didn't bring my camera, so I can't show you this nice little place. It is one of those places that kind of blends in with all the rest of the strip mall stores, but once discovered, becomes a favorite greasy spoon.

After warming up a bit there, (neither of us has a fairing or windshield, and Mike doesn't even have a leg shield on his Honda Big Ruckus) we headed up north to hit some twisties in and around Twin Lakes, WI. It was a blast. Roads ranged from 20 mph in Chain O' Lakes State Park to 55 mph on country highways. The scenery isn't as nice as other folks have, but there are some decent twisties up this way, for those who are willing to explore a bit.

So as not to completely starve you of photos, I took one self-timer shot of Mike and I upon our triumphant return.


No comments:

Post a Comment