Sunday, September 2, 2007

Slaughterhouse XIII Rally - Sunday

My favorite bike of the day was the Genuine Blur. This coming year, they're gray, but the orange/silver scheme looks great to me.
Here's Design Within Reach, the upscale furniture store that hosted us today.


A creative idea for a kickstand ornament. (from the roast pig)



A couple glamor shots.








Here's the Sachs Madass. Looks like a little motorcycle, but really, it is a scooter. Seems very impractical.









Here's the mod bike, which won two awards.










Here's one of the fine beers I sampled today. Very good. (read the fine print on the label)











Here's the Kymco People S200, which started me raving about them yesterday.






































Roast pig, soon to be in my belly.













Check out the seat cover on THIS baby! Pretty cool.










I had more fun today than yesterday, even though the gymkhana was yesterday. I was late today, and didn't make the group ride. I got caught in traffic in Wrigleyville, as there was a Cubs game today. Also had to stop for gas. By the time I got to Pick Me Up Cafe, the scooterists had left already. (on time too!)
So I took my time and had a breakfast burrito, then took LSD (Lake Shore Drive) up to Sheridan, eventually into Evanston. Once there, I got myself wrapped around a beer, tried out some sweet designer furniture, and just chilled out until I had to go at about 3:15.
I think every scooterist should attend at least one rally. The people are nice and usually pretty outgoing, and it is fun to draw an admiring crowd. They seem to be mostly vintage buffs, but they didn't seem to hold anything against us folks who like the mod cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment