Sunday, September 9, 2007

Scoot to Lake Genvea & Williams Bay

Today, before my mom came up for her birthday party, I decided to go for a nice long scoot; probably about 100 miles or so.

I went up to Lake Geneva, where I spent many summers visiting my grandparents, and Williams Bay, where Yerkes Observatory is located. When my brother and I were little kids, my grandpa took us to Yerkes. He was always trying to take us somewhere interesting, but we didn't appreciate it. All we wanted to do was shoot BB guns in the garage, and burn things in the burning barrel. Oh, and go to the beach.

Now that I'm a little older, I appreciate the things he was trying to show us. Without going into too much detail, here are some photos of Yerkes, and of the beach in Williams Bay.

At the start of the rustic road. Twisty, hilly, and heavily wooded, for about 2.4 miles.




Front entrance to Yerkes Observatory.


Check out how big this refractor telescope is! (you can see Bud by the doorway at its base)


Bud, happily wearing his new sticker.


Busting a pose at the beach.



Here's a video of the Rustic Road ride:

No comments:

Post a Comment