Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What's "BurgerTime?"

BurgerTime was an arcade game from the 1980s. It featured Peter Pepper, who was a chef. (Naturally. One HAS to be a chef to make burgers...) He ran around assembling burgers. As he walked across each burger component, it fell onto the component below it. Eventually, several whole hamburgers were made.


"Too simple!" you might claim. Oh no, it wasn't. You see, Peter had hot dogs and eggs chasing him. For some reason, they were lethal to Peter. All he could do was either avoid them, or throw out a blast of pepper to hold them off temporarily.

Aside from being a video game from the 1980s, it is the nickname I've given to my new Suzuki Burgman 400. I thought it was quite witty. Cheesy too, but also witty. No?
Rather than waste my energy explaning it here, I'll refer you to a couple of good Burgertime links I found through Google:

From Killer List of Video Games:
Here's a TV commercial on YouTube from the 80s for Burger time. Nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rnRRph4bcE

3 comments:

  1. I decided to name my Burgman 650 George because at idle it sounds like George Jetson's flying car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! That's a good one. They do sound kind of other-wordly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I'm gonna name my bike Rampage!

    ReplyDelete