Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Airy accessory seat cushion

... this should completely cure Monkey Butt. What's Monkey Butt? That's when you're riding for more than about half an hour, and your butt starts to go numb. It isn't caused because your seat is too hard. It is caused because the skin on your butt isn't getting any air. You're sweating and it has nowhere to go, so somehow, it just makes your ass numb. It's caused mostly by the fact that factory saddles are covered with vinyl, which doesn't breathe at all, but is waterproof.

So, I saw
this post over at BurgmanUSA and my hopes were up. After all, a simple sheepskin saddle pad at aerostich costs $67. The AirHawk saddle cushions that everyone raves about cost $167!!! So $19 sounded like it was worth a risk. It seems very good so far.
Here's a shot from the thread over at Burgman USA, so you know what to look for, if you're so inclined to try one out for those longer trips:
I'm sure I'll report more on it later. I wouldn't want my readers to go and waste $19, hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment