Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Foggy Ride to Work Today

Normally, I take the train to work. Today, I wanted to bring a Spektrum DX7 RC transmitter to a coworker who is buying it off of me. Also, I was up at 3 AM for some reason, and I figured I may as well get to work, so I can get out early and maybe take a nap.

Anyhow, the forecast was for dense fog. Boy, they weren't kidding! It was so thick that I actually was wet in some areas by the time I got to work. (30 miles)

At first, I was worried; if an animal was in the road, there's no way I would see it in time to avoid it if I was going 45-55 mph. I figured the smartest thing to do was to catch up to the guy in front of me and just go however fast he's going, keeping relatively close behind. This way, if an animal was there, the car or SUV would plow through it and it wouldn't be so bad for me. Unless the animal was a deer, and it went flying over the car and landed on me. But let's not think of that grim possibility. Hopefully, I've met my deer quota for this year already.

Below is a snapshot of my cubicle at work. Can you spot the evidence that I rode to work in a super-dense fog? ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment