Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Earplug Usage

Well, it's just about all been said on this thread at BurgmanUSA



You know the difference in the wind noise between wearing a helmet and not when riding? Well, when you wear earplugs, it is like making it that much quieter again.

The Ear Plug Superstore has some great deals. Try the Howard Leight -33 dB models. After about 10 minutes of riding with plugs, you'll not want to go back. Wind noise is attenuated, but after your ears adjust to the newfound quiet, you can still hear everything else just as clearly. As one poster pointed out in the thread linked above, I want to be able to hear my grandchildren.

If this is too much of a commitment, buy a smaller package of them from the local drugstore.

Sorry to seem bossy, but I have this odd vision that maybe one non earplug user will listen, be open-minded, give them a try, and not be deaf, all thanks to me.

It's my weird little way of trying to be a hero. ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I can't agree more with you about the benefits of ear plug use while riding. Not only will it save your hearing down the road but makes the ride much more relaxed. Wind noise just is draining.

    I always wear plugs and purchase a big box or 32dbr plugs made by AO Safety. I get them at Lowes. They come in a two compartment box with half flourescent orange and half Barney purple. They cost about 5 bucks less than the Howard Leight ones but when they are gone I'm going to try the ones you indicate.

    I feel naked now without them. And I can appreciate the song of a Carolina Wren. There was a little screaming kid in the coffee shop this morning and I almost put the plugs back in.

    Steve Williams
    Scooter in the Sticks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right with ya! When you're on the long ride, ear plugs are the ONLY way to go.

    ReplyDelete